How to unclog a toilet with a plunger?
A good plunger to unclog the toilet is a ‘flange plunger’ as it has a flange with the cup to make a proper seal with hole and suck efficiently. When you have it in your handwork with me like this…
- Make sure there is water in the bowl. If the level of water is too low, half fill a bucket with water and pour it in the toilet bowl.
- Insert the plunger in the bowl with an angel rather than entering straight. If you enter it straight down, the flange covers little water and traps more air that compresses more than water.
- Fit the flange inside the hole by placing a cap over the drain hole. This makes a proper seal and helps in suction and compression.
- Now tightly hold the plunger’s handle in both of your hands and forcefully press it down and pull back.
- Repeat the same process of applying plunging force until the bowl empties.
- Flush the tank and see either water is flushing normally. If yes, congratulations you have successfully done an unclogging toilet with a plunger.
How to unclog a toilet without a plunger – 5 Best plunger alternatives
Here are simply easy ways to unclog the toilet without a plunger. Lets’ see.
How to unclog a toilet with dish soap?
There is a chance someone does not have a plunger but it is nearly impossible not to have dish soap. Take benefit of it and open up your clogged toilet. Pour some dish soap in the toilet and meanwhile place a container of water on the stove to heat up. When water heats up, carefully pour it in the clogged toilet where you first added dish soap and wait for a couple of minutes. Hot water and dish soap soften the clogged water and you will see how easily dish soap unclogged the toilet.
Baking soda and vinegar
When you see are not finding anything to open up the toilet drain just pick up baking soda and vinegar to help fulfill this task. Baking soda and vinegar are pro to unclog the toilet and deodorize it too. You just need a cup of baking soda and 2 cups of vinegar. First, add baking soda to the clogged toilet and wait for about two minutes. Now pour two cups of vinegar but not all at once because baking soda and vinegar are reactive and produce bubbles and chances are clogged dirty water of bowl splash out on your clothes. So, slowly pour vinegar and allow them to perform their activity. After a few minutes, you will see there is no clogging.
This is how you can unclog a toilet with baking soda and vinegar.
DIY wire snake to unclog a toilet
Another way to keep running the toilet drain is to manually remove debris when it is badly clogged. To do so, you need a wire hanger. Open it up until it is straight wire and push it in the clogged drain. Move it back and forth until all stuck debris is gone and water flush from the bowl quickly. You see it is quite easy and can be done in minutes.
Wet/dry vacuum – The best plunger alternative
This unclogging with the vacuum is simply outstanding and guaranteed to get you out of this trouble. Before starting make sure the toilet bowl is empty, if it is not, make it empty first. Place the vacuum hose inside the bowl and don’t forget to wear gloves as you are working inside the contaminated bowl. Wrap a paper towel around the hose to create suction and turn the vacuum on. Tightly hold the hose in place and the vacuum will suck all the obstructed debris. Carefully sanitize the vacuum when all is done.